Tips and Tricks: Speed up On-Call Times
Written at Mar 31, 2023 10:44:45 AM by Justin O'Donnell
Unfortunately, machinery has zero respect for production deadlines. But with some collaboration and simple processes in place, we can speed up resolution times and get you back up and running asap.
Before calling BlueCrest, gather the following information about the fault:
- What area of the machine is affected?
- Which error codes are presenting?
- What have you tried already to fix the issue?
- Are there any obvious machine issues, parts or settings that are displaced, broken or out of alignment?
- Tell us as much as possible and then report the fault via the BlueCrest service portal, email or by phone
Armed with this information and any more you can provide about the fault, our engineers can prepare their call-out. Their chances of arriving to site with the correct part are improved and they can reach out to colleagues in our escalation chain for technical support/advice before they arrive.
Of course, there will be instances where a machine will take time to bring back into production if the issue is complex. For our part, we will always update you and provide resolution timelines where possible.
Be on the lookout for ongoing niggles and workarounds
- Are you ‘putting up with minor faults?
- Have you instigated workarounds?
- Have you made makeshift repairs?
In general, all these are signs that a call-out is needed. Any of these are potentially a recipe for extended downtime if the machine does eventually stop. It typically takes a lot longer for engineers to unravel such workarounds and unpermitted repairs, especially if they have not seen the machine in some time. Worse still, such actions might cause irreparable harm to the system.